Cupcakes have taken the world by storm – and while not a new invention – wedding cupcake towers have invaded receptions as a popular alternative to the wedding cake. Probably one of the most daunting tasks a couple has to make is selecting the wedding cake flavors and fillings – by using cupcakes the possibilities of cake combinations, fillings and decorations are endless. Wedding cupcakes can be elegant, whimsical, or anything in between.
Here are 5 good reasons why a wedding cupcake tower may be for you:
- Wedding cupcakes cost significantly less than an elaborate wedding cake.
- Cupcakes are the perfect serving size. This means there is no need to order a larger size wedding cake than needed, no excess cutting, no waste and less money spent.
- Cupcakes can be ordered in different flavors and decorations to cater to both the bride and groom’s taste (and even family allergies).
- They are easier to decorate – therefore great for the DIY bride or the couple on a budget.
- They are trendy without being “over the top” – many wedding cupcake towers even have a top cake tier for the bride and groom to have the “traditional” cake elements – a cake topper, the cutting of the cake and the ability to take the top tier home for the first anniversary.
Wedding cupcakes are fun and simple. Guest love to eat them because they are easier to eat than slices of cake. Brides love them because they can be easily customized to match their style or theme.